12.19.2007

product.review.

For the past three nights, i've been sleeping on a fancy pillow. You know, one of these weird tempur-pedic ones. No, i didn't spend $125 on it. I'm just borrowing it for four nights to see what all the hype is about, plus, i've been having real issues with tension and my shoulder and thought it couldn't hurt.
The good: Despite the fact that it weighs about nineteen pounds (or lbs, which we learned about in an earlier post), it's much softer than i was anticipating. When I'm on my side or back, my neck fits nicely in the cradle area, and the support couldn't be better.
The bad: Unfortunately, I'm a stomach sleeper, so the shape isn't ideal. Plus, my shoulder/back tension is no different than before.
Overall: If you're a side or back sleeper and have money to burn, this is definitely much nicer than the standard stuffed pillow. From what i hear, extended use can make a dramatically positive impact on neck and back pain.
Grade: B

5 comments:

Evil said...

i have one! i like it, except that after 6 months or so, the foam loses some of its foaminess. also, who did you borrow the pillow from? isnt sharing pillows kind of gross? :)

stephanie said...

Who's pillow have you been sleeping on for the past 5 weeks evil? Did you carry your own $125 tempur-pedic with you? Or have you been "sharing" pillows with other tourists in India? Ha! My other family bought one for a visiting mother-in-law who can't sleep without it. She used it for a week, and then went home, so I stole it. I don't think I'll be out buying a new one though- I wasn't so impressed.

Nora said...

I like product reviews! I'd like to see more. Thanks Steph! I will not rush out to buy one of these pillows.

And said...

me neither! although I am a side and back sleeper. I think.

Evil said...

and, you dont know what type of sleeper you are?

steph, yes, i DO travel with my own $125 pillow as a matter of fact! and i also bring along my own maid to make sure all my laundry is done as i like it and she tastes all the food before i eat it, in case someone is trying to poison me.