12.16.2007

christmas.dinner.party.

Last night was my annual christmas dinner party. There was a smaller crowd (nine total) this year since most of the boys couldn't come, but i'm tempted to say it was the best one yet. Despite the risotto taking longer than i would have liked, everything went smoothly, and the lively conversation took us well into the night. The last guests went home around 1:30am, and i dragged my tired butt into bed around 3. Here's a picture that would be my new favorite if it were in focus:

It's me washing something while ben's rushing to give me bunny ears and jen's poking around the corner. I like that it feels like a frozen moment, complete with expression and motion. Sometimes pictures are too posed and you forget about ones like this. You can see the whole gamut of photos on my flickr page. There's even a little slide show playing for you over there on the right. Go look, and you can see everyone in their fancy clothes.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like you had a fun night (I especially like the table cloth:)-and yours and Andrea's hair cuts)

Artist Statement said...

I love this picture. I am a fan of interesting and bizarre photographs. It looks like it was a lot of fun!

We need to talk!

And said...

Thanks, Julie, for your comment on my hair! It practically makes up for my director telling me I looked terrible the other day and that I should go home.