12.08.2007

busy.day.

Jen and i had a nice trip to boston today. We parked under the common, and did some christmas shopping at downtown crossing. I got four gifts! We stopped off at starbucks where jen stole me a hot chocolate, and then we continued on to haymarket. I'm hosting cooking night on tuesday, and i'm also planning to make two soups tomorrow, so we stocked up on ingredients. The total for today was a bit higher- $16.50- but look at all the stuff we got! 4 limes, a pound of beans, 3lbs of bananas, 6 grapefruit, two bunches of cilantro, one bunch of parsley, 5lbs of leeks, one fennel bulb, one huge piece of ginger, 4 carrots, 5lbs of potatoes, 7 spanish onions and one pound of grape tomatoes. Wow! Look at this huge carrot!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I like your hair, or at least what I can see of it. Post a better picture of it.

Nora said...

That picture is making me want produce really bad! I have to go there! So what soups did you make?

stephanie said...

I made a chicken soup with the usual stuff, plus ginger and cilantro. I was at a party tonight, so didn't have time to make the second batch, but am hoping to make a potato and roasted leek soup tomorrow.