11.05.2007

mishap.

I have a couple good stories to post, but I'm not using them all up at once. Even though I've posted a couple times already today, I'm getting one more in there before I forget the good parts:
As I already mentioned, last saturday I met evil at a bar in nyc. He bought me a couple beers, and then I had to head out to catch a train to my aunt's house, and he had to head home to play some guitar hero 3 on his wii. Since I didn't want to drag my aunt out to pick me up at the train station when it was dark out, I'd dropped my car off in the morning so I could drive myself home. Everything was going as planned, I made it to grand central in one piece, bought my ticket to station R, and still had enough time to pick up some quality reading material for the 50min ride back. Once on the train, the ticket guy told me I'd need to move up a car in order to get off at R since there weren't as many platforms. So I did, and spent the next 49mins reading about brad pitt, kaite holmes, etc, etc. At 11:20, I hopped off the train at R, the train pulled away, and I realized that my car was not parked there. After a few minutes of panic, I realized that it was not stolen, but right where I'd left it- two stops earlier at N. I briefly considered calling my aunt to come get me, but since I'm a grown-up, I tried to figure it out on my own first. After consulting the train schedule, I decided to wait 47 minutes for the 12:07am train to new york, which would take me back the two stops to stop N. It was pretty nippy out, so I huddled on a metal bench with my magazine, and prayed that I wouldn't be raped and murdered while I waited. I was lucky and survived, and made it safely to my car and back to my aunt's place by 12:30 or so. I'm not sure why I was set on stop R from the get-go, but I didn't doubt it was right until I was standing in a pitch black parking lot with no car. And yes, I'd had a few beers and a glass of wine at dinner, but alcohol was not responsible. I guess the only viable excuse is old age.

4 comments:

Julie said...

If you had been drinking and couldn't find your car, I question you ability to drive...

stephanie said...

Ya, you're right. I really can't handle two beers. Especially three hours after drinking them. Next time I'll find a nice warm vent, and sleep on the welcoming sidewalks of new york city.

stephanie said...

Oh ya, and I question "you" ability to type.

Julie said...

One drink is too many.