10.09.2007

credit.reports.

I like to check my credit report every year just to make sure everything's in order. I've never actually received my credit score because I'm too cheap (and broke) to pay the $7.95 fee for each score. This time I did some digging, and found a way to get all three scores for $1. I signed up, and just have to make sure to cancel within 7 days so I don't get roped into monthly payments (it's on my calendar so I don't forget). So now I know my credit scores, and I was pleasantly surprised! They were much higher than I would have thought- all three of them in the very good to excellent category. I'm very conscientious about paying bills on time, but I had a bad college credit card experience, and one or two late payments several years ago. Apparently my stellar performance over the past three or four years has paid off, and now I could get a darn good interest rate on a home mortgage...if I could afford a home.

3 comments:

Evil said...

not to show off or anything, but my credit score and my IQ are roughly the same. both are in the 1000 range. or was it 1 million? i am REALLY smart! yeah!

stephanie said...

Wow evil! You're so cool! You must have people giving you money all the time!!!

Evil said...

what can i say? it's hard being me!