10.15.2007

barn.board.table.

I'm finally getting around to posting about my table. I was waiting until I got some pictures from the process, but I keep forgetting to ask my mom (who was around and documenting it) to send me some. If I ever remember, I'll post them at a later date. So here it is. The barn board table. I got some old barn boards from jen's boyfriend's dad, and attached them by drilling holes and doweling them together. I added wood glue and clamps, and left it alone overnight. The next day I cut the boards so they were even, sanded it down a little, and used 2x4's and 4x4's for the base and legs. I polyurethaned the top (which brought out all the colors and grain), stained the legs and sides, and painted a bunch of mismatched chairs a light grayish green so they worked together. I have a total of ten chairs; two I had to begin with, three I bought at a thrift store for $3.99 each, and five I found in people's trash piles. I'm really happy with the finished product! It fits right into our place, and now we can eat off a table instead of the counter or couch. It was a lot cheaper than buying something too. The table ran about $70, and the total for ten chairs? $11.97.

5 comments:

Nora said...

That is so cute! I love the white chairs with it with the blue painted walls in the background. It looks fantastic!

stephanie said...

The chairs do look white in the picture, but they're really a light greenish blueish grayish color. While white would work, the greenish color makes it a little funkier, and not so country.

kai said...

That table rocks!

Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy reading about your projects? They are so creative, the finished product always looks smashing, and the best part is that you're reusing stuff. The inexpensiveness of it is an added bonus.

Budf said...

Let's see :
You are hot.
You are handy.
You like Bubble Toes.
But, you are from Boston and the Barstool Sports blog is NOT one of your favs?? :)
This post is quite old. Maybe you have since become a Stoolie. :)

Anyway, I too recently acquired some barn board and have been looking for project ideas. I'm assuming the wood you started with did not have much "cupping" ?

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!