9.17.2007

unemployment.is.great.

Today was my first day of unemployment. I have to say, it was quite nice! I managed to accomplish a bunch of stuff including; painting five of the eight dining room chairs (they take forever to paint. I hate it.), washing all the window sills which were filthy, sewing the pillows and shelf panel, e-mailing the woman in the child life dept at children's to set up a meeting, and bringing down tons of cardboard boxes, tubes, and trash for trash pickup tomorrow. I also hung out with our little neighbor theo for four hours. He slept most of the time, and smiled at me when he wasn't sleeping. Not a bad day! If I could afford to not work for three months, I think I could get a lot done.

4 comments:

Evil said...

hey congrats! that's awesome. in about 6 weeks, i will join you in umemployment. i cant wait. btw- i'll be in boston the weekend of oct 6 and 7. the evil twins will be together too. we should do something (aside from run the BAA Half).

stephanie said...

Hopefully I will no longer be unemployed in 6 weeks when you become so. If I am, I'll likely be living on the streets nourishing myself with free samples from Costco. Congrats to you though! That'd be great to hang out when you're up here. ET#1 mentioned something about it. Someday I'll be able to do a half marathon too!!

Evil said...

sweet! btw- i wont be doing the half marathon. i'll just go watch and also taunt the evil twins from the sidelines. :)

stephanie said...

I can only speak for et#1 since I've yet to meet #2, but I think she deserves some taunting. It'll help her speed up. I wish I could run it. It seems like a nice route- I've gone to watch some other friends run it a few years ago.
My mom's birthday's on the 6th, so I'll likely be at their place that night. Other than that, I should be around.