9.12.2007

comfortable.

Today was a ballet day, and I was sitting in the waiting area with e for two hours while m and l had lessons and did homework. I spent the entire two hours talking with a mom I've known for a while, and whom I really like. We talked about my plans for work (friday's my last day with the girls, and then I'm officially unemployed for a bit), and she gave me some ideas. Then she told me that I'm every parents ideal nanny, something I've heard before, but have always taken with a grain of salt (usually it's from someone who likes me, so hopefully they'd think I was doing a good job!). Her word to describe me was "comfortable," as in I'm comfortable in any situation (gym class or cocktail party), with any person (kid, grown-up, school administrator) and am outgoing enough to make others feel comfortable too. It was one of the nicest compliments I've ever received, and it drove home the fact that the b's were lucky to have me all those years (just like my mom always said!), and that most nannys aren't as "comfortable" as I am. It put a smile on my face for the rest of the day, and made me realize how easy it is to make someones day. I'm going to try to compliment people more, but not in an overdone, false way.

1 comment:

Nora said...

I think you are cool Steph. See you tonight!