8.23.2007

master.whittler.

I learned a new trick yesterday- whittling out acorns. We spent the day with friends (the entire day, they're great friends) and while at the park, I taught l how to whistle with an acorn cap- something I hadn't done since I was ten. She and her friend ec then spent about thirty minutes picking up acorns and acorn caps, and brought them back to the house. Michelle and I were sitting outside while the kids were playing in the backyard, and I started poking at the top part of an acorn with a scalpel that just happened to be sitting on the table. After some trial and error, I figured out how to completely hollow out the inside through the softer top section. I did about eight of them, and then put the caps back on so you couldn't tell anything was amiss. I wish I could see the look on the squirrel's face who finds the empty acorns. Ha!

2 comments:

Evil said...

teach me!

stephanie said...

No prob. Next time you're in the area, bring an acorn (preferably with a cap)and a scalpel. It's quite easy.