8.24.2007

i.got.contacts!

After much deliberation, I went in today and came out wearing a trial pair. It's been at least twelve years since I last gave them a shot and since I've never minded my glasses (I actually like them, and treat them as an accessory), I wasn't really motivated to try contacts again. That is, at least, until I lost my prescription sunglasses in the ocean at the cape. When I thought about spending another $400 on sunglasses, I just couldn't do it. It was a pain having to switch frames all the time, and they always slipped off my face. So I stopped by opticians 3 and tried out two pair. First up were acuvue. Those didn't work out so well- apparently they didn't sit correctly on my eye. The second ones were what I went home with- I think they're ciba. My cornea's diameter is larger than normal, so I guess I needed bigger contacts. It's great. I wore them for three hours today with only a little discomfort, and gave my cheap sunglasses a spin. Once my eyes adjust to the contacts, I may actually be wearing them more than I thought I would.

1 comment:

Evil said...

cool! I wear contacts too... only for the sunglasses. now I can run while wearing dark shades, so I can ogle the hot chicks in the park without them seeing my eyes.