8.07.2007

iPod.error.

Okay all you iPod geniuses out there. My iPod's acting up. I've been using my nano since I got it in february, and have neglected my old 20gb iPod (aka- my big guy). Since I have more music than I can fit on my nano, I plugged the 20gb in to sync all the songs I've added since february, and it came up with an error message. I restored it to the factory settings (which in hind sight may not have been the best idea), but I'm still getting the same message which is:

Attempting to copy to the disk "MY BIG GUY" failed. An unknown error occurred (-69).

Any ideas?

3 comments:

And said...

did you go to the apple site and search for that error message? likely others have had the same issue. try that and/or contact G!

stephanie said...

Update! I know you were all on the edge of your seats, but the problem's solved! You can relax! I updated itunes, and the problem fixed itself. My big guy is now mostly full of good juicy songs.

irepair said...

The ipod hard drive is responsible for many errors, but in many instances, the problem is not actually with the hard drive, but with the hard drive cable. Corrosion develops on the silver part of the hard drive cable and must be cleaned periodically to keep the iPod functioning correctly. This isn't always the case, but many times it is.