8.20.2007

i.heart.hp.

Ha! I'm actually getting my money out of the extended warranty I bought with my laptop. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, the fan on my laptop would run 24/7, but it still kept overheating. You couldn't even put it on a table without raising the backside because it would shut itself down. And you could have cooked an egg on it. The hard drive was also noisy (something my dad pointed out since I can't hear anything over the constantly running fan) and the left clicker on the mouse pad got stuck sometimes. I called up hp support even though my dad wasn't sure they'd do anything about the overheating issues, but they were quite willing to send me an empty box to pack it up in, and pay for me to ship it back to them. I received updates online as to the status, and today it arrived back home, all safe and sound. I got a new top case (which feels funny since I'd worn the textured mouse pad down to completely smooth), a new heatsink fan, and a new hard drive. I also had the system board and the plug/adapter replaced a year and a half ago (for free) when I was having charging issues (completely my fault though- not hp's). So even though it's a pain in the rumpus to have to reinstall all the software and data that were on it before, now I have a beautifully running, quiet computer, even when the fan does run (which is rare). I don't think I realized how loud the old fan was until I heard the soft hum of the new one. Music to my ears.

No comments: