8.12.2007

dress.shopping!

Tishka's wedding is coming up soon. On august 18th, she'll no longer be single! Today, at bookclub, nora volunteered to go dress shopping with me. She also needed a dress, but for another wedding. We went to filene's basement first, and each tried on a bunch of dresses. It was much more fun than going alone because nora's opinion helped me to decide what dress was best. When there's no one to do a fashion show for, you never know what you'll end up with- maybe it will be good, but maybe it will really look bad, and you just don't know it. I left with a calvin klein brownish twirly dress with a light blue sash. I had my reservations about it (I thought the top wasn't so flattering) but figured I could always return it if I found a better option. On the way home, I stopped at the chestnut hill mall to grab something from victoria's, and zipped into ann taylor and stil with no luck on the dress front. On my way out, I walked past oilily and noticed the 70% off spring and summer sign. I love oilily, but don't have enough money to shop there on a regular basis. Since alison does, I've gotten to know the manager, d, quite well, and popped in to see if there was anything wedding appropriate. I found a great red silk skirt that fit me like a glove. I was debating it for a while. It was originally $295, and at 70% off, that made it $88.50. I couldn't decide if it was worth it. While I was standing in front of the mirror, d complimented me on the skirt. She doesn't lie either- it's just as good as having a friend along, because she'll tell you when something looks bad. Plus, because she knows the clothing, she'll tell you not to buy something that has some sort of flaw- like zipper issues, etc. I told her I was thinking about it for a wedding, but wasn't sure what I'd wear as a top. She pointed out that it was a really good deal at $49. Which settled it. I decided even if I didn't wear it for the wedding, a 49 dollar, 100% silk oilily skirt was too good a deal to turn down. Once home, I tried it on with a black top, and loved it. I did a fashion show for alison and the girls, and while they really liked both outfits, they all voted for the red skirt/black top combo. I'm so excited for the wedding now- both because it's a big deal for tish, but also because I get to dress up and feel fancy!

No comments: