7.07.2007

sunday.july.1st.

We went to the flea market at the drive-in theater today. I got some good stuff- a cool leaded glass vase, two kitchen knives, three spools of rope, a turquoise necklace, and some sunglasses. I don't know what I'll do with them since I can't see without my glasses, but they fit super well, so I figured I'd see if I could have prescription lenses put in. After the flea market, we went to the beach, where I proceeded to lose my real prescription glasses in the ocean. I wasn't planning on going under water, and since I can't see without glasses, I wore them in. When I dove into a wave on a whim, I came up without them. The undertow took them out to sea faster than kevin and I could find them, so I guess it's good that I got the other sunglasses at the market. We zipped home, took showers, and headed over to mac's for the reunion. It was fabulous. My mom's the youngest of six kids (peggy, julie, david and rosemary (the twins), nancy and mom), all of whom have three or four kids (except aunt nancy). Since my mom's the youngest, most of my cousins are now between 35 and 44 and many are married with kids. From my grandmother's point of view, there are 6 kids (my aunts and uncle), 5 kid spouses, 18 grandchildren (me and my cousins), 9 grandchildren spouses, and 20 great-grandchildren for a total of 58 family members. Apart from the chicago group (19 folks) who couldn't make it (except my aunt julie, she was there), my brother brian, cousin jimmy, and his daughter becky couldn't come. So the turn out of 36 people was pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure that if my grandmother was still alive, a bunch of those chicago folks would have made it out too. This picture doesn't make it easy to see everyone, but it you click here, you'll go to my flickr account where I added notes over everyone's face with their name and other info. There's also a bunch of other good pictures from my week. We all ate lobsters and other beach food, had some good stuff to drink, and milled about for the night. That's about it.

No comments: