7.07.2007

saturday.june.30th.

I love the cape. I've gone there pretty much every year since I was in utero. My aunt peggy and uncle tom bought a house in wellfleet a couple of months before I was born (an amazing investment that's now worth at least 50 times what they paid for it), and my parents were the first people to sleep there. It's on a private sand road right on the beach, with a killer dune that I used to dread climbing. I'm never happier than when I turn off the side road onto their street and see the sand, dune grass and ocean. It's my favorite place to relax. In fact, I decided that I want to get married on that beach. We'll rent the other houses on the street, and have a big party. I told my dad to start saving his money since I found out that the houses rent for $4000 to $5000 per week. Ouch. Anyway. We're having our family reunion (to celebrate my grandmother's would-be 100th birthday) this weekend, and most of us are staying for the whole week. Today I drove down around 1pm, hitting minimal traffic, and went to our rental house. (Since our family's huge, we couldn't all fit at my aunt's so we rented three other places to stick people at night.) We unpacked our stuff, hung out for a little bit, and then headed over to my aunt's place for dinner. Nothing much else happened today, but it was good to see my cousins and their kids. So cute. I stuck in a picture at the top of the dune. To the right is the fence that leads down the dune, and all those little dots are people on the beach below.

No comments: