7.07.2007

friday.july.6th.

Julie and I got in about two hours of quality beach time. The sun was super hot, but the ocean was pretty seaweedy due to the storm on thursday, and we weren't thrilled about getting in it. Rich, chris and the boys came down, set up their stuff, and fifteen minutes later, it started thundering and dark clouds started moving in. We packed up, trucked it up the dune, and made it inside just as a huge thunder and lightening storm hit. When the first storm passed, we zipped over to our rental place, and laid low during the subsequent storms. The power went on and off, and the crack of lightening sounded like it would take down trees. Megan and ellen had talked about getting the cousins together for a night out, and we passed the grandkids off to their grandparents to grab a few drinks at the beachcomber. Even though most of my cousins had left already (most of them couldn't take the whole week off work, and went home on wednesday or thursday) it was so much fun. We all had several drinks, and talked so much more than we would have been able to if the "grown-ups" and little kids were around. I feel like I got to know them all so much better. Next time, we decided we're planning a cousins' night out right at the beginning of the week. Here's the picture the bartender took of us. Clockwise from left- megan, danielle (my cousin patrick's wife), julie, rich (my cousin meg's husband), chris (my cousin ellen's husband), patrick, me, and ellen.

No comments: