6.30.2007

oaring.

Since it was the last day before we all leave for our respective vacations, I took the girls canoeing on the charles river. It was perfect. Both the girls and the weather cooperated, and we had a great time. I thought I had it all figured out. We'd start going against the current so that we'd have it easier on the way back. In theory, this should have worked, however, I didn't take the wind into account. The wind was to my back on our way out, and it was trying to push us backwards on our return. I already has a big blister which ripped on my hand (it's a tad trickier paddling with three kids who have zero upper body strength) and everytime I paddled on one side of the canoe, the wind would try to turn the whole thing sideways. If I wasn't a decently strong canoer, we'd still be out there. Speaking of paddling, l kept calling the paddles oars, and would mention that she was the only kid who never stopped oaring. She must have said this five times, and we kept correcting her, but she couldn't seem to remember it. I thought it was funny.

No comments: