5.08.2007

product.review.

Jello sugar-free fat-free pistachio pudding. I figured I'd give it a whirl.
The good: It has the same flavor as the original stuff, and the instant version can be whipped up in seven minutes (2 mins stirring, and 5 in the fridge).
The bad: You really have to beat it for 2 minutes straight, otherwise you end up with clumps of gross, thick pudding. It also leaves my mouth feeling funny- like there's a coating of something artificial all over my tongue, teeth, gums, etc. Finally, the initial calorie count looks good at 30 cal/serving, but when you factor in the milk you mix it with, it's more like 75cals per half cup serving.
Overall: Not bad if you're craving some pudding, and don't want all the calories and sugar in the original. However, I'd recommend splurging on the full sugar version if only to avoid the funny mouth feeling.
Grade: C+

No comments: