5.04.2007

i.killed.a.bee.by.drowning.

It was nice out today, so I opened my window about six inches to let in the breeze. I like sitting on my bed and having my curtains blow back and forth while I read- which was what I was doing today. I was under my white blanket, when all of a sudden, a big, no, huge bee flew right in my window. I freaked out. In a split second, I'd flipped my blanket off, ran out of my room, and slammed the door, injuring my heel and shoulder in the process. I caught my heel under the edge of the bed and slammed my shoulder into the door jam on my way out. My heel was bleeding all over the floor, and has a big bruise up the back, and my shoulder will have a bruise in the near future. After bandaging up my foot, I peeked back into my room to see what the bee was up to. There was no movement or buzzing, but I suspected it was under my blanket. I got a stick, and pushed the blanket into a pile. Still nothing. Eventually, I decided that I couldn't just leave it there forever, so I opened the window all the way, and hung the blanket outside. I shook it out, and figured the bee was either gone, or never there to begin with. As I was piling it in the laundry basket, there he was, clinging to the blanket. I flipped it over again, and threw everything in the washer, bee and all. At the end of the cycle, I found him in the washer, dead from drowning. Hey, I gave him the chance to go free. This was his decision.

No comments: