4.22.2007

taxi.

I took a cab home from belmont tonight since my car's still out of commission. I rarely take cabs. I tend to think they're a waste of money when public transportation is so cheap and pretty easy to figure out. In fact, on my way out to belmont earlier today, I took the orange line to downtown crossing, then the red line to harvard, and the 72 bus to belmont center. It was super easy, and a lot faster than I expected (about 1 hour 5 mins (driving is 40 minutes)). Plus, I got to read my book the whole time. Since it's sunday (and the bus schedule isn't as flexible on sunday's) and it's dark out, I got sent in a cab on my way home. The last time I took a taxi was when I was in london in march (we took them a bunch there- maybe 6 times in the week I was there). The time before that was when I was in london in august. Before that? I can't even remember. Needless to say, I don't often take cabs. So when I got into this one, I was rather disoriented to have the driver on the left side. At first I really thought he was backwards- like he was driving a london taxi- but then I realized that the london guys are on the right, and this guy was on the left- where we all sit when we drive. Still, I was a bit uncomfortable the whole way home. I guess I associate taxis with london, and not boston. This is a good thing since I would be poor if it was the other way around.

No comments: