4.21.2007

i.heart.boston.

Today was one of those days where I really appreciate living in boston. It was the first nice day in a while, and since it made it up to 75 degrees, everyone and their mother decided to take advantage of it and venture downtown. Since my car's still in the shop, *ac* and I took the 39 to copley, and walked through the garden and common to downtown crossing. It was macy's clinique bonus time, so we hit that first. The bonus gift was different than the advertised one, but I liked the bag better. The other good news was that they had sunscreen tester's out. I'd used my moisturizer which has spf15, but didn't think to put on extra. Even though we went straight to macy's (except for a brief stop at the ice cream truck), I already felt a little burnt- especially on my shoulders- so I lotioned up to keep future wrinkles at bay. After macy's, we went to h&m to check out their stuff. I found a skirt that was on "what not to wear." I remembered seeing it as part of an outfit someone put together, and was excited to find it at the store. Sadly, it didn't look as nice on me. It was gathered/pleated at the waist, so it poofed out too early, and made me look like a marshmallow. Not good. I left with two skirts for $9.90 each. They'll be perfect to throw on with a tank over my bathing suit this summer. We finished the day with a stop at the parish cafe. Mmm. I got my favorite zuni roll, and a magic hat. It was perfect walking through the garden and common and seeing everyone so happy. Kids were running in the grass in their t-shirts and shorts, dogs were jumping in the pond, and people were so much more friendly than usual. Did I mention I love boston?

2 comments:

Toby said...

What do you think of the Boston car dealer who put those videos of himself on YouTube? This is his latest one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzQYXSLlgXM

stephanie said...

I wasn't sure who you were talking about until I watched the clip, but I have noticed that commercial several times before. I think it's clever- and true!