4.29.2007

apartment.search.

I'm moving in september. Nowhere big, still in the boston area, but I'm moving in with (hopefully) two friends. We'll be the perfectly matched roommates (which means they're both flexible enough to let me be stubborn and inflexible), so I'm excited for it to work out. I've been scanning craigslist to get an idea of what's out there, even though everything that's available is for may 1st, not september. We're pretty flexible on where we live. As long as it's safe and there's parking, we're happy. The tricky thing is that there are a bunch of areas I don't know at all. Somerville, for example. I know that there are sketchy parts, and I know that there are cool parts. I just don't know what's where. Same goes for cambridge, charlestown, and, to lesser degrees, malden and medford. Pretty much anything that's north of the charles. I've got the areas south of the river down pat, I just need a little inside info on the rest. So any of you who can shed some light on these places- please let me know. I'd hate to end up living in a crack house.

3 comments:

brian said...

Charlie lived in Somerville for years, and would probably be happy to give you info on which parts are better than others. Lemme know if you want me to hook you up with him.

stephanie said...

Ya- that'd be great. If you want to send me his e-mail, or him mine, I'd love to see what he could tell me.

And said...

I do not recommend Somerville, Medford or Malden. That is just me. I also do not recommend Southie. The reason being those places are psychologically "off the map" and also have barriers such as bridges. I think that leaves you with J.P.