3.06.2007

the.gods.are.smiling.on.us.

My sister *j* and I had a very successful shopping trip tonight. She needed new jeans (as did I) and since part of the svelting challenge this week was to skip a regular workout and spend some quality time doing something with someone who's important to you, I decided to skip out on my planned treadmill run, and head over to the gap outlet with her. She's on spring break this week, and while most of her friends are somewhere warm, she's stuck back in the boston area with me dragging her along to the gym. Lucky *j*. Back to the gap. She had to drive in from our parents place, so we didn't get over there at 8:30pm, but since it's open until 9:30, we were good. I wasn't interested in spending a lot on jeans since hopefully, they'll just be too big for me soon, but I did need at least one new pair since my others are falling down. It's a little embarrassing. We each grabbed four or five pair in different cuts and sizes, and headed to the fitting rooms. I was debating between a dark pair with no stretch, and a lighter pair with stretch, but after modeling them for *j*, choose the dark ones. I also got a pair of navy pinstripe pants which will come in handy in london. *j* paid first, and while the guy was ringing up my purchase, she noticed that the dark jeans rang up at $9.97 (as opposed to their listed $39.99). He confirmed that that color was on sale, and said he was pretty sure they had a bunch more in the back. At that price, I wanted another pair, as did *j*, so he went back to check. We tried to hold back our excitement in case they didn't have any in our sizes, but he came out with two pair- one for each. Once we got home and tried on the jeans, we made the decision to go back tomorrow so *j* can return the full price pair she'd bought first, and hopefully pick up another pair for $9.97. I might even get a couple in the next size down. We're giddy with excitement.

(After this successful jean trip, we stopped at target (which was open until 10pm) and got everything I was looking for- the last two packs of wrist weights that I had a raincheck for from a month ago (which they haven't had the last couple times I've been there), pure zone face wash which I can't find anywhere else, and four three packs of stride gum. On sale.)

1 comment:

And said...

Nice work!! At first I was impressed that you chose the jeans without stretch (since I *LOVE* jeans with stretch) but then I was even more impressed with the sale!! Did you see the cute bags at Target? Sigh.