3.03.2007

happy.birthday.*b*.

Today's my brother's birthday. Happy birthday *b*! He's out in san francisco for a week and a half- I think for a conference or something. I waited until 4:30 boston time before calling, since I never know what he's up to at night, and didn't want to wake him up too early on his birthday. He was at lunch with a friend. I said happy birthday. He told me he kept forgetting it was his birthday, and when a friend texted him "happy birthday" this morning, he thought it was a joke. Now we know why he forgets our birthday's- he can't even remember his own. So sad.

1 comment:

brian said...

This is so true. Erik mentioned our anniversary, for example, the *night before*, and I forgot it the next day. I'm not malicious or anything, I just am missing a chunk of my brain that is supposed to trigger when important dates occur. I've been using Google Calendar a bit, so I'm going to have to just have it text me whenever anything of note happens.

Or like Dad's last birthday, when all three of you guys called me throughout the day to remind me to call, and I still forgot, because each time it was like "We're going out to lunch, so call in about an hour and a half." Yeah, fat chance I'll remember something in an hour and a half.

It's weird that I'm so absent-minded about some things. And yes, I really did forget my own birthday. I was at a poker game the night before that went past midnight and, you know, had no idea it was my birthday, and the host, my friend, texted me the next day with, "WTF, I had to find out it was your birthday from Friendster, you dork!"

Oh well.