2.06.2007

my.shoes.

I finally found the perfect pair of high heeled shoes. I've been looking for them for a while (since well before christmas) and while I had the exact image in my head (deep purple or wine colored with some sort of seaming or other embellishment that would make them stand out instead of blend in), I had only found one pair that were remotely close, and they cost $398 at dsw. They were marc jacobs. Since that was a little out of my budget, I went barefoot at my christmas dinner (the event that had inspired my frantic shoe search to being with). I did paint my toenails the same color- a deep wine hue- so they looked pretty. I'd pretty much given up on finding the ideal pair, and had stopped looking. A few months ago, I'd received a coupon from dsw for $20 off any pair of shoes, and it expires on march 4th. I'd gone to four different stores for a total of seven times since receiving the coupon, and found nothing every time. So today I was out near the natick mall using another free $25 coupon, and I decided to stop by dsw to see if I could find a cheap pair of sneakers to use in the aerobics classes I've been taking. (My current running shoes are a little big, which is perfect for running since your feet swell, but they feel a little floppy when I'm jumping side to side.) I didn't have any luck in the sneaker department, so I decided to check out the clearance section, although I've never found anything there before. Today was my day. The exact shoes I'd pictured in my little mind- moda spana, deep wine, seamed (so they're a little funky), eel skin high heels. Here's a link if you want to see them. The best news was the price. They were cut back to $54.95, plus an extra 30% off, plus my $20 coupon. They were pretty close to free if you ask me.

No comments: