1.28.2007

oscar.fever.

It's oscar season folks! Every year, I go to *oh's* house. This will be the ninth year in a row. The first year was by accident. I had to talk to *ah* about something, and stopped by. Then I got sucked into the awards, even though I never really cared much about that type of thing. I think the second year was also an accident, but I don't remember details. After that, we planned on it, and now it's the one scheduled time I see them each year. For the first five or so years, I didn't make an effort to see the movies. If I'd caught some, great. If not, no biggie. After all, it's really about the outfits. After a while, I decided that it was more enjoyable if I actually had an opinion about which movie/actor/director should win, so I started watching things that were nominated. Last year was the first year that I watched all the movies in major categories (best- actor, actress, supporting actor/actress, and picture). This year I hope to do just as well, if not better, which means I have a total of sixteen movies to see by february 25th. (I've listed them below.) I've already seen two (little miss sunshine and the departed), so I have fourteen left to check out. I netflixed the ones that are available on dvd. The others I'll have to go to the theater to see. Double movies, here I come!
  1. babel- picture, supporting actress (adriana barraza), supporting actress (rinko kikuchi)
  2. the departed-picture, supporting actor (mark wahlberg)
  3. letters from iwo jima-picture
  4. little miss sunshine- picture, supporting actor (alan arkin), supporting actress (abigail breslin)
  5. the queen- picture
  6. blood diamond- actor (leonardo dicaprio), supporting actor (djimon hounsou)
  7. half nelson- actor (ryan gosling)
  8. venus- actor (peter o'toole)
  9. the pursuit of happyness- actor (will smith)
  10. the last king of scotland- actor (forest whitaker)
  11. volver- actress (penelope cruz)
  12. notes on a scandel- actress (judi dench), supporting actress (cate blanchett)
  13. the queen- actress (helen mirran)
  14. the devil wears prada- actress (meryl streep)
  15. little children- actress (kate winslet), supporting actor (jackie earle haley)
  16. dreamgirls- supporting actor (eddie murphy), supporting actress (jennifer hudson)

No comments: