1.14.2007

old.friends


Since I have the house to myself, I dragged *ja* and *ba* over last night for dinner. We had a great time- just like we did in high school. After eating, we played some "would you rather" and karaoke for a bit. They both stayed over, and we went hiking today. We did the same trail loop that *nn* showed me a while back, and even though it was wet and foggy, it was fun to do. That's us at the top of the observation tower on great blue hill. I look like I just dipped my head in a vat of boiling water. It took longer today than it normally does too, because we had to be careful not to slip on the rocks. Some places can get pretty treacherous too. We got back a little later, wet and shivering, and all grabbed a cup of tea to warm us up before *ja* and *ba* had to head out. We're already planning hiking trips out in western mass when we visit *ba* where he lives in northampton. Eventually I want to build up to a weekend trip in the adirondacks where you carry everything on your back. That would really be fun.

**As an aside- *ba* learned how to play the piano since high school- and he's really good too! I've always been the pianist in my circle of friends, and not only is he better than me, but he could literally play every single song that I played. I'd start something, and he'd say "oh ya! That's (fill in the blank) by (a dead musician)." I didn't even know half of the titles to things I'd played for years!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That's a bad picture of me damn it (great of you two)! (sigh) are we ever going to get one where all of us look good and I don't look like someone is shoving a pole up my a**?

kai said...

I'm in on the backpacking trip, if it ever comes to fruition (is that a word?).

And let me know when you head out to western mass... We'd love to join in.