9.11.2006

blue.hills.hiking

*nn* and I went hiking yesterday in the blue hills. I'd been there before, but had done an easier trail than the one we did yesterday. It was nice- the blue skyline trail- a two hour loop described as "challenging" that brought us up to many great viewpoints, and to the observation tower at the top. It's a good thing that I had lots of practice in europe, because I probably wouldn't have made it yesterday. As I struggled up the rocky trail, stumbling over roots and dropping my phone at one point (which resulted in a cracked screen-super) these little kids scampered past me like they were racing to the top. We decided that since kids are smaller and weigh 50 pounds or so, and have more energy than six shots of espresso, they can move their short little legs a lot faster than us. In any case, we made it to the top (with me straggling behind *nn* most of the time) and that's all that matters. I'll have to crank the tread mill up to full incline before I attempt that again.

No comments: