9.12.2006

ouch.

You know how in movies, they torture people by driving stakes or splinters or something under their fingernails? Well, I've never thought this looked appealing, but didn't truly appreciate how painful it must be until today. I was cleaning out my guestroom (since I've been lucky to have many guests recently), and managed to get a large splinter stuck under the nail of my left hand pointer finger. Now this splinter was nowhere near as bad as some splinters are. It was thick, and stuck out enough that it was easy to pull out with some tweezers. However, in the 20 seconds it took for me to find some tweezers, this sucker hurt like a son-of-a-gun. Even after it was out it still hurt enough for me to wonder if a little shard was still in there (which wasn't the case). I'm not sure that I'll be able to watch the fingernail torture scenes in the future. Ouch.

No comments: