1.08.2007

anyone?

I need some help. I remember hearing about a site where you can enter in the route you take while walking/jogging/biking, and it will tell you the mileage you covered. Obviously this would apply to neighborhoods and city streets, not trails, etc. Anyway, I can't find it, and since I'm starting to walk/jog with *ja* two night a week (outside too, not in isolation on my treadmill!), I really want to be able to get an accurate measure of what we're doing without buying a pedometer. I thought about using something like hop stop and entering in the route piece by piece, but really, that's just ridiculous. Plus, I don't think it would be accurate at all. Grrr....I remember hearing about the site sometime in july. Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't write it down.

4 comments:

Evil said...

I got this site from the Evil Twins blog!

http://www.mapmyrun.com/

stephanie said...

Thanks Evil. I knew I read it somewhere, but thought it was from your site. Apparently evil twins 1 and 2 have crucial info too!

brian said...

http://www.routeslip.com/ looks pretty similar; i use it for biking routes, and it gives the elevation profile graph and all that.

kai said...

the next time i see a cheap-o pedometer, i'm picking up two! one for you & one for ja...

i'm trying to think of something...some kind of a scavenger hunt you do on foot in a city... something about going to a website, finding a map, and walking around until to find something cool... its an actual adventure type "organized acivity." But I haven't heard anyone reference in a couple years (which is why I can't remember enough about it to google it)... It might have been a Canada thing.

But whatever it is, its right up your alley. you guys better hope I never figure out the name of this activity...