1.20.2007

almost.done

You know how sometimes when you're reading a really good book, you want to finish it, but at the same time, you don't want to finish? You're anxious to get to the end to learn what happens, but then you'll miss the enjoyment you're experiencing while reading it. Well, I'm in the same situation with arrested development. In total, there are eight discs representing three seasons of the show, and I've finished six of them. The final two are coming soon from netflix, and I can't wait. I'm close to chewing my nails in anticipation. At the same time, I don't want them to end. They're so unbelievably funny. I'm talking laugh-out-loud funny. Seinfeld funny. Curb your enthusiasm funny. There's going to be an empty space in my life once I finish them. I'll have to find something to fill it up.

2 comments:

brian said...

i'm thrilled that you watched them all and enjoyed the show! it's really quirky and you really do have to watch it from the beginning; by season 3 it's almost all inside jokes and references.

i just started netflixing My Name Is Earl. a bunch of my friends say it's really funny. i'll let you know how i like it.

stephanie said...

I'm not quite done. I have one more on the first disc of season 3, and then the whole second disc. I'm thinking of saving it for my next platelet appt next week since it was the perfect thing to watch there. You're right though- you really do have to start at the beginning- it's just so funny!

My Name Is Earl is hilarious! I used to watch it all the time (from the initial episode) but it conflicts with something else now (I think Grey's Anatomy), so I haven't watched it recently. I'll have to see what episodes are on Netflix and try to catch up!