12.31.2006

so.pretty.

For christmas, I wanted gift certificates to sephora so I could get all new makeup. I got some, and yesterday was the big day! I brought *ja* for support (plus she wanted to get some application tips) and got set up with ayana at the chestnut hill store. This girl was great! She sat me down and ran around the store grabbing things she thought would look good on me. Then the makeover began. I thought I knew how to apply eyeshadow and liner, but it turns out I was doing it all wrong. The same goes for foundation, and lip stuff. I was excited to end up with the spray foundation that carmindy used on "what not to wear." The coverage is great, and makes everything nice and even. In the end, I had an entire new stash of makeup and brushes, and even with the large sum of gift certificates, was still out $100. All I have to say is thank god (and all of you who got them for me) for gift certificates. There's no way I'd pay $324 for makeup if it was all out of my own pocket. Here's the finished product (many hours and glasses of wine later!)

No comments: