12.29.2006

home.movie.

My dad made us one of the best christmas presents ever; he took two years worth of vhs video taped home movies, converted them to dvd, and edited them into a hilariously funny and wonderful movie. It starts on the day my sister came home from the hospital with my mom, and covers birthdays, piano "recitals", school visits, my littlest brother's arrival, funny faces/horse rides/eyebrows, and a walk through of our old house (something we all thought had been accidentally taped over long ago). Not only was it great to relive memories that had faded long ago, but it was wonderful to have video of my grandmother who died two years ago. She was the first person I knew who died, and it was much harder than I could have imagined. Being able to hear her voice and see her again was priceless.
I'll leave you with a picture of my 7 year old self making the scariest face I have ever seen. I literally took a picture of the television, thus the lines and grainy quality.

No comments: