12.28.2006

happy.birthday.j

Today's *j's* birthday. She's twenty-two. Happy birthday! We went bowling again. Two times in less than twenty-four hours. I think it's a record. I was hanging with the girls, with nothing to do, and I was still so excited about bowling last night that I suggested we go today. They were game, so we called my siblings, and they were up for it too. We played candlepin since the girls wouldn't be able to handle the heavy balls. For some reason, I'd always believed that candlepin was easier. Sure, the balls are tiny and pins narrow, and this combination makes it tricky to knock anything down, but you get three balls, and the knocked down pins stay in the cage area to be used as spinning helpers. Turns out I was wrong. Seriously wrong. We had the bumpers up in my lane since I bowled with the three girls, and while I bumped off of them several times, I still lost to the six year old. Embarrassing. I'm now a believer in the "big ball" bowling.

No comments: