11.11.2006

vivian.

My car went into the dealership yesterday for some help. It started making some not-so-great sounds last week, and I was getting nervous driving it for fear of getting caught in a car fire. In the past, I've had panic attacks when told the total cost for repairs, so this time I was prepared. I anticipated costs up to $2500. That way, when the total was less, I'd be relieved instead of anxious. It worked. The total was a mere $1268.22- of which $902.50 was labor. I find it hard to believe that it took them 9.5 hours to fix my car, but what can you do. They replaced the serpentine belt and tensioned dampner (which was interfering with something and caused the noise that was worrying me), replaced the hood latch (because the hood wouldn't open), and performed the 60,000 mile maintenance. So now my car's happy, which makes me happy. Although next time I'm due for a new one, I think I'll steer clear of vw's.

No comments: