11.10.2006

blood.bash

Last night was the annual blood donor recognition event at the seaport/world trade center. I'd gone to donate that morning, and k told me I could sit at their table with the blood techs since I didn't really know many of the other regular donors. It was great. They had several speakers- parents of kids who were sick, a 16yr old who'd had several heart surgeries, etc. It was nice to hear how appreciative they all were. We got a gift too- a whole auto emergency kit with all the fixings to save your butt. At 10, when they were kicking the last of us stragglers out, we all went to the bar in the hotel. That's l (one of the phlebotomists) over there with r, the bloodmobile driver. I think she looks like scarlett johansson. On the right is l again with c and j. They'd all taken advantage of the open bar at the dinner. It was fun to hang out with them outside of the blood center. It was a little disconcerting seeing them all dressed up though...especially when I'm used to seeing everyone in scrubs and lab coats. It was a great time. I took a trip to mcdonald's for a cheeseburger happy meal around 10:30 this morning!

No comments: