11.01.2006

trot.trot.

Today was the first day of the "turkey trot", an annual competition at my gym. It's on for the whole month of november, and the goal is to do enough cardio to get from boston to plymouth rock during that time. For every 15 minutes, we get a turkey leg hung up next to our name on the bulletin board. Three turkey legs make one mile (despite the fact that running for 45 mins could get you a lot further) and 10 miles get you one huge turkey leg. They set 90 mins max per day so people don't try and work out for 5 hours a day and die. Last year I won, but this year there are already a lot more people signed up, many who had done 90 minutes by the time I got to the gym today. All that means is that I'll be doing an hour and a half every day for a month unless something physically prevents me. Bring it on turkey trot.

No comments: