11.15.2006

new.boots.

I just ordered new winter boots. I'm anti-uggs since everyone and their mother has them (plus I kind of think they're ugly) but I did want something snuggly and warm for the rough new england winters. The boots I'd been wearing for the past seven years were really my low ankle height hiking boots. It wasn't so much fun getting a boot full of snow everytime we got more then four inches. I ended up deciding on the merrell spirit tibet high, and after discussing it with my sister, choose the timber color. The best news is the price. They're listed at $142.95, but I got an e-mail coupon for 20% off boots and slippers from shoebuy (enter code "bootslipper06" in the promotional code area by nov 27th if you want to order something). I don't think it's supposed to work on merrells (I added another pair to my cart just to check the code, and it said that merrell's not participating in the promotion) but it worked out well for the ones I picked. So that knocked off $28.59, but it gets better. I got an extra 10% (or $11.44) off for registering my account, so the total (with free shipping) was $102.92 or $40. 03 off. Not that $102.92 is cheap for boots, but I wanted to make an investment in something good, and I'm a big fan of the merrell comfort. Excellent. Now I just have to wait for them to arrive. At least we're not expecting snow anytime soon!

No comments: