10.16.2006

fancy.event

A lot of my mail still gets sent to my parent's house. Mainly because I'm too lazy to switch my license address and actually contact everyone who sends mail to acton, so I just pick it up when I'm visiting. It sounds like I just moved a few months ago, but really, I haven't lived at home since I was in college. To the point. So I was out there a week or so ago celebrating some birthdays, and threw the interesting looking mail into my bag. Yesterday I found it, and opened some of it. I was very excited to find an invitation to the "annual blood donor recognition event" on november 9th at the seaport hotel. I wasn't invited last year and felt a little slighted. I'd donated 16 of a possible 24, so thought that I just didn't make the base number. Apparently there were a lot of people who weren't invited who should have been. The blood techs said they were going to be in charge this year! So I was excited about the invite. I always assumed it was a little shin-dig in the hospital, but it's apparently much fancier than that. They used to have it in the park plaza castle, and now moved it over to the seaport hotel. It's a nice dinner, and there are about 300 people there, so even though I'm going by myself and don't really know anyone other than the blood techs and a few regular donors, I'm sure I'll find lots of people to chat with!

No comments: