9.27.2006

sel.de.la.terre

For some reason, I always thought that the above restaurant was a seafood place. Yes, I took french for seven years. Yes, I know what all those words mean. No, I never really thought about it enough to put it all together. I guess the fact that the place is very close to the harbour and the aquarium made me assume (which my 11th grade french teacher told me never to do) it was a seafood-ers paradise. So, back to the point. On monday, *kn* called to tell me she and several of our other friends were going there for their "wine wednesday" where they have one menu with wine pairings for a set price. She asked if I wanted to come. I said I'd let her know the next day. I first went to their website to figure out what kind of food they were serving. I'm not a big seafood fan, but I can manage to put away some of the less fishy or rubbery stuff, and I needed to make sure that this "seafood restaurant" was serving something I could eat without making faces. Low and behold, there was no seafood on the menu, and what was on it looked delicious! The seven of us had a great time eating, drinking and talking for over three hours. I actually realized part way through that this meal was like a lower class french laundry meal. If you care, you can check out our menu here. If you decide to go to any of the other wine wednesday's, let me know. I'll come too.

No comments: