9.03.2006

london

It's nice to finish up in london where I can stop focusing on the tourist things. Not completely of course, but since I know I'll be back here soon, I don't feel so pressured to walk 12 miles trying to squish in everything. On friday, I walked with *kb* and the three kids through regents park. It was kind of like the boston common/public gardens, but tons bigger. We saw the park that was in mary poppins too (which we watched later that day). We grabbed some lunch at the globe, and then headed over to the natural history museum (which was free and very impressive). For dinner, we met *ab* at a nearby place, and I had the best chicken/bacon/avocado salad ever. Saturday morning we had tickets to the london eye. Nice. What's more fun than taking an enormous ferris wheel up to get great views of the city? We got down there, picked up our tickets, got into line with everyone else, and then.....it closed. Why? I don't know, but there were people on it who were stuck in the little pods for a bit longer than they'd planned on. Luckily we weren't waiting in line for a very long time, so we walked across the thames river on the golden jubilee bridges, through trafalgar square, and over to big ben and the parliament building. Then home for lunch. In the afternoon we drove (yup- in a standard turned around car on the wrong side of the road (good job *ab*)) to one of my favorite stores...ikea. Even though it was pretty obvious that I couldn't buy anything, I shopped vicariously through the b's, and then sent them out on a date night while I put together some stuff. I really think I should work for one of those tlc organizing shows...I LOVE doing that sort of stuff.

No comments: