6.12.2006

retro.games

My brother *b* and I saved up forever to buy a Nintendo when we were kids. My dad drove us to several different stores to find a bundle (the unit plus Mario bros.) for a nice price. We ended up in NH since it's only 30 mins from my parent's house and they don't have tax there. We got this thing home and were addicted to it for quite some time despite my mom's time limits and forced outside time. When I won the game for the first time, I think we high-fived. I was now as cool (or almost as cool) as the cool kids on the bus who had beat the game some time ago.
Our little brother *k* would get a full blown workout playing nintendo. He used to reenact the movements of Mario or Luigi, and could be seen jumping continuously while jerking to the right or left. His pre-adolescent Mickey Mouse voice also came into play when he was particularly excited. When his time ran out, he was sweating like a grown-man after running a marathon; I'm not sure why my mom felt he needed to go outside to get exercise.

No comments: