6.05.2006

gym.clothes

Here's a good dream I had not long ago.

I went to the gym, and one of the trainers (who organizes all the challenges) told me that I had won the most recent challenge, and that she had nominated me for tlc's
What Not to Wear. According to her, I had been secretly filmed for 2 weeks. I was confused. Wasn't this supposed to be a surprise? Weren't Stacy and Clinton supposed to show up and embarrass me in front of lots of people? The trainer said that I'd have to act surprised when they arrived with the cameras. I was so excited about this (it's been a real-life dream of mine to get on that show), and yet at the same time, I knew that I was dreaming. Surely enough, I woke up and was sad to realize that Stacy and Clinton weren't going to show up and give me $5000 to hand myself over "body, mind, and wardrobe."


Feel free to jump in here if you're familiar with dream analysis. There are several things wrong with this dream, but what bothers me most is this; how on earth could the trainer have nominated me when she's only seen me in gym clothes? How could she know how truly wrong my clothing choices are when I'm just wearing t-shirts, gym pants/shorts, and sneakers? I realize that there are those people who spend a small fortune on athletic gear, but really...that just tells me they have way too much money. In fact, I think that I dress nicer than many others who show up to work-out. My former gym buddy *tm* once saw a woman working out in her underwear and nylons. When she told me this, I thought the woman must have been wearing some sort of leotard (in the '80s style as I've seen others wear), but *tm* insisted that this woman was wearing underwear- like she had gone to work, stopped at the gym on the way home only to realize that she didn't have a change of clothes, and just whipped of her skirt and worked out anyway. Unbelievable.



**By the way. Anyone who is interested in nominating me for the show in real-life; you're more than welcome (in fact encouraged) to do so. I'll even arrange for you to have unlimited access to my sad closet, and will pretend to know nothing about it when filming begins!

No comments: