6.08.2006

cake.a.lake

Finally!!! Blogspot's been fickle the past few days, and I haven't been able to get on and update. While I'm okay with missing a day here and there, I'm really let down when the blogs I read aren't updated regularly. (Ahem..my brother's friend *ll* who, I might add, he still links to even though he specifically states that he's "starting to trim this list only to those who regularly update, because it was getting really long." Mmm.hmm) I like to keep them coming without writing pure gibberish. (If I start going down this road, please let me know and I'll limit my entries in favor of more quality control!)

So..I can't remember what I was going to write about yesterday, but today I'm going to write about my new career. Some of you may be under the impression that I'm applying to grad school for my masters in statistics. Well, I hate to break it to you this way, but I've found my calling. I am going to be a cake decorator. I will, of course, require the assistance of two small girls. I feel that this will be a positive direction for me (and one that does NOT require the mastering of multivariable calculus!) because it incorporates many of the qualities which I find rewarding in any task; it is creative, the time between beginning and completing is limited, the final product is tangible and quite satisfying, and I have access to free labor! Here is a picture of my first try. Quite "wedding-cake-esque," no?

No comments: