6.20.2009

my.birthday!

My travel plans were specifically scheduled with birthdays in mind- mine and the two oldest girls. Not wanting to be alone in southeast asia for my birthday, i made it back to hong kong late the night before. In the morning, i was served pancakes and my latte before spending most of the day by the pool with the girls. We took walks down to stanley market in the afternoon, and p. allowed me to choose dinner that night (roasted chicken, green beans, and a newish concoction- a tapas type dish with chorizo, potatoes, and onions. Mmmmm.). A. brought home a selection of cakes from mandarin oriental, the perfect conclusion to the meal! For my birthday present, a.'s taking me to macau for the weekend when the girls and p. are back in the states. I can't wait!

My birthday cakes!

2 comments:

Evil Twin #1 said...

WOW. Opera cake is my mom's absolute favorite thing. We've had to get shipped in on her birthday because they moved to the boonies.

stephanie said...

It was seriously tasty. That was one of the leftover ones, and I ate it at midnight a few nights ago. Mmmmmm.