1.04.2009

presents!

As we all know, i have an obsession with orla kiely bags. It's been the case for many years now, and i've built up quite the collection. However, i've recently realized that the reason i love her stuff (great colorful patterns, laminated canvas which is easy to wipe clean, etc), is also the reason i have issues when it comes to "going out" bags. When the need arises for a small clutch (weddings, bar nights, etc), i'm out of luck. I either use a favorite red/pink flowered number, or shove my license, cash and a credit card in a pocket somewhere. It became apparent that i needed to pick up a neutral brown or black clutch.
During one of our haymarket trips, our waitress at mike's commented on my wallet (which is...surprise, surprise...orla kiely). She told me about a store around the corner, shake the tree, which sells orla stuff, so saturday morning we zipped in. I love this place. Not only did she have orla bags, but also great housey stuff, some clothes, jewelry, perfume, and a bunch of beautiful leather bags. After my second loop in the store, i saw it....the most beautifully perfect clutch ever.


It managed to be neutral, but with personality. I was in love (especially with the four fun finger holes!). As it so happened, my grandmother had sent me a check for christmas. While the sensible thing may have been to put it in savings (since my income for the next six months will be $0), i wanted to get something special with it so i would think of her when i used it. Until i saw this clutch, the runner up was a le creuset pot. Not the case any longer. I'm now the proud owner of this new favorite. Thanks grandma!
I knew the black one would serve me well for years to come, but thought that my next purchase in the bag department would be a brown clutch. Then i'd have all my bases covered. As luck would have it, i opened this christmas present from my friend cindy tonight...



How creepy is that!!! She's always been a great gift giver, but this was almost eerie. It's another perfectly me bag. It's kind of olivey/brown, and the top part folds over and is held closed with two hidden magnets. Now i'm going to have to go out more to use these new members of my little family! Here they are together- the brown one closed and the black's strap tucked in.

2 comments:

portia said...

great fashion staples steph! me likey =)

Julie said...

Those are both very cute!