7.21.2008

speedy.packing.

I got a call from my landlord today. He always calls me since i'm the nicest of the three (kidding) and today's conversation started with, "I have a huge favor to ask." Fantastic. As you know, i'm currently cohabiting with three different families; my parents, the b.'s, and my two roommates. The roommates not so much, since i've only stayed at the apartment once this month, but our lease isn't up until the end of august, and i'm still on the books for rent and utilities. After advertising on craigslist, the landlords really hit it off with a guy from pa. who loved the place (especially the color scheme- "who picked out the paint colors?" he asked!) but who had to move on august 9th. The favor? Could we move the moving out up a bit. While this was music to my ears (previously wasted money now to go towards school), i doubted it would work for the other two. Jen's moving in with me, but wasn't going to be able to do anything before late august, and ben's new lease doesn't start until september 1st. I said i'd give it a shot. I called jen first, and found she was willing to deal with whatever hassles packing up early might bring in order to save a chunk of cash. Jackpot!! Ben was a trickier nut to crack since he was on vacation in no-cell-reception maine. Plus, this would be the biggest pita for him. After searching his room for phone numbers, we managed to contact someone who could contact him, and after thinking about it for a bit, he was game (long story short). So we now have until august 6th to get all our crap out. I'm hoping to get the minivan weds night to move my bed and dining room table, but will definitely need some help since i can't lift/maneuver them myself. Is anyone around? (Evil already said no, so this'll give me the opportunity to sweat off a few more pounds and pass him while he's playing on facebook, which he's apparently 53% addicted to.)

2 comments:

Nora said...

When do you need help? Wednesday or is it another day? Let me know specifics! I can probably help you so let me know what you need.

And said...

Oh man-- wed is the only night I can't do! let me know if there is another day you need help. ugh, sorry!!