5.22.2008

hair.cut.

I got my hair cut yesterday. I kept putting it off (it had been six months) because it was just at the point where i could pull it into a ponytail and i kind of liked that. It definitely made working out (not that i've been doing much of that recently) and yard work (which i have been doing a lot of recently) much easier. Anyway, it was becoming generally unruly, so it was time to visit david. I always let him do whatever he wants since he's the professional and i'm not, but i was hoping he'd decide to leave it on the longer side. The girls were too. They let out a chorus of whiny "no's!" and "don't get it cut short's!" and "we like it long's!" when i told them i was getting it cut. Luckily, david loved it long, and just trimmed the edges and razored everything else to thin it out. So it doesn't look different, but a ton of the thickness is gone (my hair is super thick) which makes the curls cooperate so much more. I also learned a new trick from the shampoo girl. With shampoo, you start at the roots and work your way to the ends. With conditioner, you start at the ends and work your way to the roots. With more oil at the roots, you want to wash them more, but not use as much conditioner. The ends being generally dryer, you don't want to strip too much with shampoo, but give them extra conditioner. This all makes sense, but I wouldn't have necessarily thought it through. I gave her an extra buck tip.

No comments: