3.22.2008

toxic.

I've been staying at the b's house since monday. They're off skiing for the week, and since i'm using their cars anyway (while mine's in the shop), i figured it's easier to leave them in their driveway rather than park them on my street. Plus, it's really nice to have the whole place to myself. It's the perfect environment to finish up my application essay, which is coming along quite nicely (in my head at least- i've yet to start typing it). I even have a new best friend! Arthur is here during the day with his son, and they're refinishing the floors on the first and second floor. I only see them briefly in the morning, but it brightens my day! If this guy was 30 years younger, i'd marry him myself. The only potentially negative side effect, is the smell. The stain and sealant make the place stink to high heavens! I keep my bedroom door shut with a window cracked during the day which seems to do the trick. I don't notice it much anymore. I'm not sure if that's because they're finishing up, or because enough sensory brain cells have died off. Every so often, i get a taste of it from the nalgene bottle i bring everywhere. It must have absorbed the odor. I don't think this could be seen as good in any light.

No comments: