3.25.2008

easter.

I got to bring the girls with me to my parents' house for easter dinner. It's a long story, so here's the short version:
They were in colorado skiing for a week, during which they had most of the floors sanded and stained in their house. I picked them up at the airport at 5:15 am on easter morning. We all went back to sleep until 10, and then started moving massive quantities of furniture back where they belonged. They decided not to drive to nh for the family easter celebration for several reasons, so i volunteered to take the girls along with me.
They were very well behaved, and i was proud. After eating a good meal, they cleared the dishes, and m. washed, dried and put away all the silver without being asked. This job usually falls on kevin and me, so we were extra excited. I can see the benefit of having kids around. They were thoroughly entertained by my cousin katherine (who was viewed as the super cool 24 yr old) and my brother kevin (who bore the brunt of their craziness). They also helped me search for my easter basket which the easter bunny hides every year. This was the only tricky part of the day. Kevin is the youngest kid around our house, and he's 21. It's therefore been years since we've believed in a certain long eared fuzzy friend, and everyone had gotten sloppy about how they talked of him. There were several slips that were hopefully covered up quick enough, though i wouldn't bet on it. Hopefully they won't remember this as the easter they stopped believing!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm sad that I missed Easter with the girls, although we had quite the cookout/picnic out here which was nice. I want to throw out there however that I usually wash the dishes with you...not so much Kevin.

stephanie said...

I know- I thought about that when I was writing it. It is usually you and me, but since you weren't here this year (boo hoo), it would have been Kevin. I hope you enjoyed your hot dog!

Nora said...

That's a cute Easter Story. We had fun painting eggs at my aunt's house, even though we were ages 18 (Anna), 24 (Dan), and 30 (Barry and me). I got an Easter basket too, along with one my mom sent me. Yes! I love Easter baskets!

Evil said...

its ok if they stop believing in the Easter bunny. so long as they never stop believing in Jesus!